Quantity Surveying is a Profession in development industry related to the civil engineering, where the learned experts will contribute in calculating the quantities needed for the specific project, for different works like cost escalations, figuring out budget, time estimation and bill of amounts, preparation of bills and bill affirmations.
Quantity surveying is widely involved with the estimation, making plans and control of the value on creation of projects. it cowls an extensive variety of activities such as value estimation, price estimation, cost planning, feasible study of structural, cost benefit analysis, costing of lifecycle and valuation of materials. Efficient and powerful usage of sources is the primary goal of a quantity surveyor. It additionally requires to have an updated data of market, tools and equipment’s to assist in making plans and scheduling of creating activities and resources allocation.
History of Quantity Surveying
The Quantity Surveying created in the time of nineteenth century from the previous years it is well known as “measurer”, a development expert tradesman, who arranges and prepares standardized schedules for a structure project. Quantity Surveying profession arose around the year 1820s with one of the most first QSs being Sir “Henry Arthur Hunt”, he was partaken in work on the Houses of Parliament i.e., The Board of Quantity Surveyors Malaysia 2012. From the 1970onwards, the professional course and a profession started to growing rapidly. Students started pursuing this course.
Works of Quantity Surveyor
Basically, Quantity Surveyors track the works and manage order of things in a sizable reach size from tiny works to very huge and takes care. It is no way a work could make progress without effective consultancies of a quantity surveyor and very useful contemplated data. quantity surveyor influences on every timespan of works with expanded skills and significant core. The high amount of quantity surveyors, including management of a project to helping services likewise assist clients with achieving their demands and targets.
The end of quantity surveying on planned time and inside driven financial plans is fundamental. especially in enormous amount of capital and the government authority area which adapts to all the huge scaled positions. quantity surveyors have the capacity in economic recovery thus to guarantee accomplishment of the positions by their effective technical and financial advices. Its essential modern users are in the zones of land use, development, communications and transport.
Quantity Surveying Involves
- Cost planning
- Procurement advices
- Budget Monitoring
- Preparing Bill of Quantities and Tender Documents
- Preparation of Payment Applications
- Preparation of Certifications
- valuation of construction work & Fields
- Variation Assessments
- Dispute resolution
- Quantity Calculations
- Calculation of Lengths
- Calculation of Areas
- Calculation of Volumes
- Calculation of Purchase Order (P.O)
- Calculation of Work Order?
- Budget valuation & Preparation
Principles of Cash Flow in Quantity Surveying?
- Cost control
- Preparing feasibility studies
- Value engineering
- Advice on cost limits and budgets.
- Advice on contractual disputes
- Preparation of final account
Why Quantity Surveying is necessary?
Open positions will consistently be accessible for a quantity surveyor inside large number of construction firms, engineering firms, law organizations, administrative offices and construction advisory organizations. These are a couple of the numerous places where accessible open positions may exist for quantity surveyor in the job field. The quantity surveying has been demonstrated to be an important resource for any task or organization that necessary activities to be administered and structured to be in consistence with all codes. A quantity surveyor has been demonstrated to be of most extreme significance to a wide range of organizations and offices around the world.
The abilities of a quantity surveyors are exceptionally significant and the more balanced they are in their field, the more they will be required. They are counsels and are very much differentiated in an assortment of laws just as development aspects. A degree in this field can demonstrate most important as a result of the wide range of ways one could seek after a professional degree makes professional virtual indispensable.
Core units of Quantity Surveying
- Domestic construction
- Industrial commercial superstructure
- Building services in large buildings
- Quantitative building studies: floors and roofs
- Quantitative building studies: substructures and drainage
- Quantity surveying graded
- CAD 2D1
- Construction materials & specifications
- an introduction to Building services
- Standard form of construction contracts
Top 21 Quantity Surveying Assignment Topics
- Performance evaluation of primary health care building.
- Impact and the Analysis of feasibility study on capital project development.
- The review of prospect and the challenges of public procurement act 2007 in the execution of construction of projects.
- A survey of mortgage institutions in the provision of sustainable housing & affordable housing.
- The investigation of design errors and impact on cost of project.
- Assessment of factors that are mitigating effective preparation of cost estimation at design stage.
- Assessment of true factors which are mitigating effective preparation of cost estimation at tile design stage.
- Comparative analysis of the life cycle costing of an alternative roof covering materials in the residential building construction.
- How technology is affecting the quantity surveying and how it affects cost, labour and time.
- The prospects of HR management in enhancing of higher productivity in the construction companies.
- An investigation of the design errors and its impact on the initial cost of a construction project.
- An assessment of user satisfaction with public private partnership (PPP) projects.
- Evaluating the role of quantity surveyors in sustainable infrastructures development.
- Assessment of knowledge management capabilities of the quantity surveying firms.
- Assessment of the survival practices of quantity surveying firms in a recessed economy.
- Investigating the effectiveness of insurance as risk management tool in construction industry.
- Assessment of value management practices and its impact on construction project delivery.
- Influence of labor productivity on the cost performance of the traditionally procured projects.
- The effect of contract planning on construction project performance.
- Effect of national culture on organizational learning: perspective on quantity surveying.
- Causes and effects of design variation in road construction projects.
Need Help ? We are Online. Contact Us Now.